Pre-Veterinary Society at the University of Washington
WSU Interview Questions, 2003 and 2004
A list of questions asked to two former Pre-Vet society members during their interviews at Washington State University
- Write an on-the-spot essay. First choice, ?How does mad-cow disease affect the veterinary field?? Second choice, ?How does computer-based education apply to the veterinary field?”
- What is your favorite breed (not species!) of animal?
- If you were a dog, what kind of dog would you be?
- How do you feel about euthanasia?
- How do you feel about animal research?
- How do you feel about performing surgery (during your third year on an animal that you know will be euthanized afterward) to learn surgical techniques?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- How do you handle confrontation? For example, how would you handle it if the author of one of your letters of recommendation actually talked about how you were a bad worker, a bad person, etc.
- Are there any questions you wish we had asked?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- What is your greatest confidence? What is a situation you were in that proved this?
- What are three uncommon qualities you have?
- What vaccines are dogs and cats given?
- What do you know about E.coli?
- What do you know about the West Nile Virus?
- What do you think about hunting as a means of population control?
- Let’s say you owned a vet hospital, what would you do to make it stand out from other hospitals?
- What do you think about euthanasia as a way to deal with feral cat populations?
- What do you like to do for fun?
- What kind of books do you like to read?
- What are the last couple of books you read?
- Tell us about a difficult time in your life and how you dealt with it.
- What have you done since your last interview?
- You work at *, what do you do there?
- Who do you think is the most important in a veterinary hospital?
- If you don’t get in this year, what will you do?